The EU AI Act: what does it mean for your business?
Join us for an expert panel discussion on practical next steps given the new EU AI Act
The EU Artificial Intelligence Act (AIA) is now finalized. It places risk-based obligations on those who build or use AI systems in the EU. If you are in one of those organizations, what does it mean for you—today, in 1 to 2 years, and beyond?
This session will address:
- Standards: Who will set the standards, enforce compliance and audit AI systems?
- Timing: When is the AIA expected to be implemented on the ground? Should you start preparing now, or adopt a wait-and-see approach?
- Scalable tooling: How can you build your frameworks and tooling in a way that allows you to comply efficiently?
- Interplay with other regulations: What about the interaction with other digital/data regulations in the EU, and with AI standards and guidelines elsewhere in the world?
Watch the recorded session with the panel discussion, followed by audience Q&A, as we bring together 4 distinguished guests with unique ring-side views into the AIA and its aftermath.
- Kai Zenner is Head of Office and Digital Policy Adviser for MEP Axel Voss in the European Parliament, and was involved extensively in the legislative process
- Dr. Sebastian Hallensleben is Chair of CEN-CENELEC JTC 21, which is tasked with developing the standards to underpin the AIA
- Ronak Shah heads Privacy and Regulatory Affairs at Cohere, a role in which he has been an important industry voice on the AIA, and will be expected to guide his firm’s response to it
- Anupam Datta is President and Chief Scientist at TruEra, and has pioneered research on transparency and trust in AI as a professor at Carnegie Mellon University
To watch now, simply fill out the form and click "Submit."
Meet the Speakers
Head of Office and Digital Policy Adviser for MEP Axel Voss, European Parliament
Dr. Sebastian Hallensleben
Chair of CEN-CENELEC JTC 21
Privacy and Regulatory Affairs Counsel, Cohere
Co-founder, President and Chief Scientist, TruEra
Chief Strategy Officer, TruEra
TruEra provides AI Quality solutions that analyze machine learning, drive model quality improvements, and build trust. Powered by enterprise-class Artificial Intelligence (AI) Explainability technology based on six years of research at Carnegie Mellon University, TruEra’s suite of solutions provides much-needed model transparency and analytics that drive high model quality and overall acceptance, address unfair bias, and ensure governance and compliance.